Behavioral Wellness Scholarship
The community of Juneau is in need of expanding resources to treat behavioral health illnesses and to enhance access to behavioral health care throughout the community. Through the Behavioral Wellness Scholarship our goal is to increase the number of health practitioners with advanced certifications and training in Juneau, and to create a program for Juneau behavioral health practitioners interested in obtaining advanced certifications and/or training.
The annual Behavioral Wellness Scholarship will be awarded to eligible applicants who currently practice in the behavioral health field in Juneau, Alaska. The scholarship, up to $5,000, may be used to obtain advanced certifications and/or training that will enhance behavioral wellness in our community.
- Applicant must be a practitioner or provider of behavioral health services.
- Applicant must be a practitioner or provider working in Juneau.
Please include the following in order to be considered for the Behavioral Wellness Scholarship:
1. Completed and signed application
2. Essay - covering your goals, contributions, and interest in Behavioral Wellness in Juneau, AK.
3. Statement of Intent to return to or stay in Juneau to continue to practice after program completion.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO APPLIED!
BELOW ARE THE 2019 BEHAVIORAL WELLNESS SCHOLARSHIP RECEPIENTS
Rachael Woods - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy Certification Program
Kimberly Hearn - Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy National Therapist Certification Program